Mix up a classic fall favorite, apple cider, with a delicious sangria recipe that is sure to bring on the taste of autumn.
- 2 cinnamon sticks, plus more for serving
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced, Honeycrisp or Gala
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 750 milliliter bottle pinot grigio
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup brandy
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Club soda, for serving
- Optional: Figs
For the Cinnamon Sugar Rim
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Place the cinnamon sticks and fruit into a large pitcher. Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice and lemon juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator anywhere from 3 to 24 hours; 6-8 hours is best!
- Pour the sangria and fruit into glasses. Add a splash of club soda. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired.
Cinnamon Sugar Rim
- In a shallow bowl or dish, stir together cinnamon, sugar and salt.
- Wet the rim of the glasses, running a slice of lemon around each one.
- Dip the rims into the mixture and then fill glasses with sangria
Recipe from SallysBakingAddiction.com.