The Single MOM KC (TSMKC) is a nonprofit organization that uses the gift of hospitality to create a welcoming and safe environment for single mothers in the Kansas City metro area. They offer love, support and guidance through the following:
- Monthly workshops
- Quarterly seminars
- One-on-one mentoring
- Family-fun activities
- Networking with other organizations and ministries
- Newsletters, blogs and social media
Their mission is to bring hope to single mothers by removing shame and reproach, to transform the negative statistics that surround single-mother families and to educate others to effectively strengthen and support single-mother families.
TSMKC also operates a clothing boutique, called Clothed with Dignity, which offers single mothers the “boutique experience” they deserve. Clothed with Dignity is open three times a month and allows single mothers to select items of new or gently used clothing, shoes, handbags and accessories at no cost.
- Volunteer at the clothing boutique to help clean and sort items and assist single mothers while they shop.
- Volunteer at seminars and workshops to help with registration, clean up, meal serving or child care.
- Volunteer to help with the organization’s general administration needs, such as inputting data, filing, etc.
- Donate new or like-new clothing, handbags, shoes and accessories to the clothing boutique at any time.
- Consider TSMKC in your charitable giving. You may donate to the organization directly at any time, attend a fundraiser—contact them for more info—or consider the nonprofit when selecting a charitable organization to support in lieu of receiving gifts.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Facebook.com/TheSingleMomKC
- Website: TheSingleMomKC.org
- Phone: 816.838.2072